May 20, 2014
West Hartford Public Schools Board of Education
Tuesday, May 20, 2014, 7:00 p.m.
Town Hall, 50 South Main Street
Legislative Chamber - Room 314
I. Call to Order
A. Roll Call
B. Pledge of Allegiance
C. Revision to Agenda Order
II. Student Participation: Hall High School Students Global Problem Solving Course
III. Public Communications: Comments on topics of interest from the public.
Board members do not respond to comments. 3 minutes per individual,
20 minutes per subject matter.
IV. Unfinished Business
V. New Business
A. West Hartford/University of Hartford Scholarship Committee Community Representative
Recommendation: THAT the Board of Education appoint Ms. Elin Katz as the
Community Representative Trustee to the West Hartford/University of Hartford
VI. Staff Communications and Reports
A. Superintendent's Report
B. Staff Reports and Board Discussions
1. Speech and Language Pathologist Supporting Student Learning
Background: Dr. Nancy Depalma and Mr. Glenn McGrath will report.
2. Personnel Report
Background: Mr. Rick Ledwith will report.
VII. Routine Matters
A. Approval of the Minutes
1. Approval of the Minutes of the Regular Board of Education meeting
of May 6, 2014
Recommendation: THAT the Board of Education approve the minutes of
the regular Board of Education meeting of May 6, 2014
VIII. Information and Reports
A. Board Members: Communications and Reports
1. Reports from Other Boards and Organizations
2. Other Information and Discussions
B. Non-Staff Communications and Reports
1. FWHPS Apples for Artists Special Initiative Grant @ KPM
Lisa Greene, Amy Cubbage and Joy Wright
2. Reports from Student Board Representatives
IX. Future Business
A. Announcement of Meeting Dates
1. Tuesday, May 27, 2014, Board Awards, 6:00 p.m., KPM auditorium,
100 King Philip Drive
2. Tuesday, June 3, 2014, regular Board of Education meeting, 7:00 p.m.,
Town Hall, 50 South Main Street, Legislative Chamber , room 314
B. Request for Future Agenda Items
X. Comments from Visitors – 3 minutes per individual, 20 minutes per subject matter.
XI. Executive Session