PreKindergarten Lottery Application Information
The lottery application for the 2019-2020 school year became available here on January 10, 2019. Here are some general eligibility guidelines:
- Your child must be turning 3 years or 4 years old prior to January 1, 2020 (born in 2016 or 2015 respectively) to apply for Charter Oak International Academy.
- Your child must be turning 4 years old prior to January 1, 2020 (born in 2015) to apply for Smith STEM or Webster Hill Elementary.
- Parents/guardians offered spots in the first round must commit by establishing residency by March 28, 2019 and provide a $50.00 deposit, after which we will take students off the waiting list to fill any vacancies that occur.
- These pre-kindergarten programs are open only to children who live in West Hartford. Smith STEM and Charter Oak International Academy pre-kindergarten programs are open to children who reside anywhere in West Hartford. The pre-kindergarten program at Webster Hill Elementary is only open to children who live in the Webster Hill neighborhood.
- PreK Application Process Begins: January 10, 2019
- Parent Information Meeting at Webster Hill: January 17, 2019 at 6:00 PM
- Parent Information Meeting at Smith STEM School: January 24, 2018 at 6:00 PM (snow date: January 29, 2019 6:00 PM)
- Parent Information Meetings at Charter Oak International Academy: February 7, 2019 at 6:30 PM (snow date: February 21, 2019 6:00 PM)
- PreK Applications Due: March 7, 2019 at 4:00 PM
- PreK Lottery Results mailed to parents: March 21, 2019
- Parent must accept spot by establishing residency: March 28, 2019
If you wish to apply for the sliding scale for tuition please fill out the income verification form and return to, Lisa Newton, Business Office, 50 South Main Street or call 860-561-6685. Please attach copies of all required documents.
Children offered seats from the first round of the lottery will be invited to participate in a brief visit to their school in the spring of 2019. This visit provides families time to turn in enrollment paperwork to their prospective school and allows teachers to get to know your child before they start the following September.
ALL children entering pre-kindergarten must have completed current health forms to attend school. This form can be found in your enrollment packet which is mailed to parents March 21, 2019 to the families of accepted students.